Blogmas Day 5!
10 Songs I’m loving right now…
Self explanatory…no particular order (song – artist)
1. Warrior – Kimbra…I absolutely LOVE her…she might be “someone that you used to know” but you should really get to know her again.
2. Beautiful War – Kings of Leon…they started off strong with Supersoaker but this is quite possibly my favourite on Mechanical Bull…for now 😉
3. Strings – Young the Giant…pretty sure I have listened to their self titled album at least 200 times…it was my go to album in 2011…not my favourite track off of it but I’m digging it now. CAN’T WAIT for Mind Over Matter!!!! (definitely my favourite (male) band in the past five years)
4. Dreams So Real – Metric. It’s Metric…enough said. (if you have never seen them live YOU ARE TOTALLY MISSING OUT!!!!!! GO.)
5. Hate To See Your Heart Break – Paramore…long time fan…totally am in love with their current album. Get it.
6. The Way It Used To Be – City and Colour….I love this man. LOVE.
7. The Ballad Of Love And Hate – The Avett Brothers…I fell in love with these guys when they performed at the Grammys. This song…so many emotions…
8. Now Is The Start – A Fine Frenzy…I do love my rocker chicks…although she’s not really a “rocker”…She is sweetness wrapped in loving, meaningful lyrics and music….not to mention a smile that lights up the entire world! Pines is not my favourite album of hers but I adore this song. Came about at a time in my life when I needed it more than anything.
9. I Will Wait – Mumford & Sons…that is all 🙂
10. Compass – Lady Antebellum…yes COUNTRY!! I love this song…I am currently teaching a grade 9 physed class and asked them to get a list of songs they would want to listen to in class…majority of the songs were country…so my last song pays tribute to the sweet girls that reignited my, once closeted, love of country music!!
There is not a day that goes by where music is not playing at some point in my life….if it were acceptable I’d play it in my classroom when my students are working quietly….
Thanks so much for stopping by and perhaps you leave with some new tunes to check out!
Never stop singing!
Hugs and love