Blogmas Day 30!!! – What’s in your makeup bag?
I recently attended a wedding and had a handbag big enough to fit my makeup bag inside…a rarity for wedding outfits usually! Before I go into detail about what I carried I must make a couple of disclaimers:
1. I’m a bit addicted to makeup. Growing up I was never really interested…always a tomboy and never wearing any…it has only been since I turned 30 that I have fallen truly in love.
2. I have a love/hate relationship with lip colour. I absolutely love lipstick but hate wearing it…I feel like that’s all people see, that it’ll get on my teeth, that it will wear off all uneven and look ridiculous…and I also always have flakey lips which doesn’t work well with lipstick…so I tend to fulfill my love with lip glosses…you will see that for one wedding I have more than enough choice 😉
My makeup bag: on sale from Indigo
From left to right:
1. Buxom Full-on Lip Cream in Berry Blast….their range of lip products are my favourite!! I have about five different shades. I tend towards the ones that give a bit of a tingle. They wear well and don’t dry my lips out.
2. Rimmel Apocalips Lip Laquer in Apocaliptic…liquid lipstick…love it 🙂
3. Hourglass Aura Sheer Lip Stain in Aura Flush…I love stains. This one in particular doesn’t dry out my lips and lasts well and wears away evenly. Worth the high end price!
4. MAC Dazzleglass in Rags to Riches…pink and sparkly….looks amazing over a deep pinky berry
5. Urban Decay lipstick in Venom…my newest addition and beautiful colour for winter
6. Top left of my makeup bag is my compact – got it at a Fossil outlet…below that are my mini Tweezerman tweezers…I will never use any other brand
7. Bottom right on my makeup bag – Sexy Mama translucent pressed powder from The Balm (my powder brush didn’t fit in my makeup bag)
8. Below my bag – Stila Artful eye collector’s edition vol. II – a small, portable, eyeshadow palette consisting of five neutral shades with my RiRi hearts MAC dual eyeshadow brush…just in case a touchup was needed.
9. Laying across the palette and bag – Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Perversion…the blackest black eyeliner ever…if you need one this is the one you want!
10. To the right of my bag are three non-makeup related items – travel sized Bliss hand cream in Blood Orange and White Pepper, Blistex medicated lip balm and a decorative hair elastic from Foxy jewelry.
And that’s it! The contents change often but I will always have hand cream, lip balm and one or two lip glosses or lipsticks in my bag…Fuchsia was the colour theme I was going for on this day!
What’s in your makeup bag? Do you have a love/hate relationship with any kind of makeup?
Hugs and love!
Blogmas Day 29 – Where have you travelled to?
I have been blessed with an intense desire to travel and to see the world. When I was younger we travelled quite a bit as a family…as an adult I am just starting to be able to afford my own adventures.
I believe travelling helps you grow as a person and expands your mind and soul. I have quite the list of places I have yet to travel to but I am so incredibly thankful for all the places I have already experienced!
The following is a list of all the places I have travelled:
Australia (pretty much all of Victoria!)
Are you a traveller? What has been your favourite destination?
Hugs and love
What are you looking forward to?!
I’ve talked about it enough but definitely my teaching exchange. More importantly I’m really looking forward to being ready to go. All the packing, cleaning an organizing I’m not looking forward to but having it all done and being relaxed and ready I’m looking forward to the most.
I’m also incredibly looking forward to seeing my friends again and continuing my friendships.
Crazy that it’s only 19 days till I leave!!
What is on your agenda that you’re looking forward to?!
Hugs and love
Blogmas Day 27 – Post your favourite recipe
It’s a funny one because I don’t actually eat them when I make them…A few years ago I was searching for a good brownie recipe and found an amazing one that is easy to make and tastes delicious (thanks Ina!)…Over the years I have made many batches but have only “taste tested” them (I’m not a chocolate fan). Using this recipe I have adapted them and have turned them into s’more brownies (adding mini marshmallows on top) and turtle brownies (chopped pecans, drizzled caramel and mini chocolate chips on top)…but nothing beats the demand for just the plain ones (I always omit the walnuts…just the chocolate chips…oh and I also don’t add the instant coffee)!! If you love brownies, or chocolate, you must make these!!
Hugs and love
Blogmas Day 26 – An Old Photo Of Yourself
Sooooo….I could have chosen a super cute picture of me stuffing my face with spaghetti, or getting a bath from my retro mom…but I thought I would get right to the core of the awkward stage that was me during pretty much my entire adolescence….if you question where my lifelong insecurity comes from just take a look at this gem…and before you ask, yes…that is a mullet.
Hugs and love
Blogmas Day 17!!!!!!!!!
What is your most proud moment?
This is a no-brainer for me.
It was the day I got hired on as a teacher.
I was hired at the end of October 2004, after what had been one of the most difficult summers I had ever faced. A relationship had ended badly, I was heartbroken and the life I had planned had fallen down all around me.
I had moved back to my hometown after completing my teaching placement and was officially allowed to apply for jobs. I was still working through my heartache but had made some professional connections and had an interview all set to go. My first ever career oriented interview! Not knowing how how I did I returned home that day just happy to have been given a chance and to get some interview experience under my belt…not expecting in a million years they would give the job to someone so green…but they did…and I will never forget that feeling….
What a day!
What are you most proud of?
Hugs and love
Blogmas Day 16!!!!!!!
What is at the top of your bucket list?!
I made it to my previous top in the Summer of 2011 when I landed in Sydney, Australia…I NEVER thought I’d get there, to Australia I mean. It was that one over-reaching accomplishment I wanted so much but never thought I’d actually get to do…I actually shed a few tears on the plane as soon as I saw Australia come in to view on my first trip out…(now just look at me…)
In the time that has passed, though, my bucket list has changed…yes I still want to travel, London and Ireland are huge on my travel bucket list…but in terms of priorities on my list I’d have to say starting my own family is pretty much at the top. I feel like I am pretty content with where I am in life (in general) and the only thing that could make it better, to top it off if you will, is to have an attempt at my own little family.
One day 😉
What’s on your bucket list?
Hugs and love