Blogmas Day 30!!! – What’s in your makeup bag?
I recently attended a wedding and had a handbag big enough to fit my makeup bag inside…a rarity for wedding outfits usually! Before I go into detail about what I carried I must make a couple of disclaimers:
1. I’m a bit addicted to makeup. Growing up I was never really interested…always a tomboy and never wearing any…it has only been since I turned 30 that I have fallen truly in love.
2. I have a love/hate relationship with lip colour. I absolutely love lipstick but hate wearing it…I feel like that’s all people see, that it’ll get on my teeth, that it will wear off all uneven and look ridiculous…and I also always have flakey lips which doesn’t work well with lipstick…so I tend to fulfill my love with lip glosses…you will see that for one wedding I have more than enough choice 😉
My makeup bag: on sale from Indigo
From left to right:
1. Buxom Full-on Lip Cream in Berry Blast….their range of lip products are my favourite!! I have about five different shades. I tend towards the ones that give a bit of a tingle. They wear well and don’t dry my lips out.
2. Rimmel Apocalips Lip Laquer in Apocaliptic…liquid lipstick…love it 🙂
3. Hourglass Aura Sheer Lip Stain in Aura Flush…I love stains. This one in particular doesn’t dry out my lips and lasts well and wears away evenly. Worth the high end price!
4. MAC Dazzleglass in Rags to Riches…pink and sparkly….looks amazing over a deep pinky berry
5. Urban Decay lipstick in Venom…my newest addition and beautiful colour for winter
6. Top left of my makeup bag is my compact – got it at a Fossil outlet…below that are my mini Tweezerman tweezers…I will never use any other brand
7. Bottom right on my makeup bag – Sexy Mama translucent pressed powder from The Balm (my powder brush didn’t fit in my makeup bag)
8. Below my bag – Stila Artful eye collector’s edition vol. II – a small, portable, eyeshadow palette consisting of five neutral shades with my RiRi hearts MAC dual eyeshadow brush…just in case a touchup was needed.
9. Laying across the palette and bag – Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Perversion…the blackest black eyeliner ever…if you need one this is the one you want!
10. To the right of my bag are three non-makeup related items – travel sized Bliss hand cream in Blood Orange and White Pepper, Blistex medicated lip balm and a decorative hair elastic from Foxy jewelry.
And that’s it! The contents change often but I will always have hand cream, lip balm and one or two lip glosses or lipsticks in my bag…Fuchsia was the colour theme I was going for on this day!
What’s in your makeup bag? Do you have a love/hate relationship with any kind of makeup?
Hugs and love!