Happy Blogmas day 21 everyone! I apologize for missing the last few days but with the holidays approaching, and a bit of an ice storm where I live, there were many more important things to tend to rather than this blog (as much as I love it)
I was planning on skipping Day 20 regardless…I was to talk of a difficult time during my life and since it is the holidays I didn’t want to dwell on the sad stuff…so moving on!
Day 21 – My ten favourite foods!
This is most likely the hardest thing for me to narrow down only because I absolutely love food. LOVE IT! More on this on Day 23! Because this is difficult I am going to try to focus on the top 10 things I have loved at restaurants…mostly from when I was in Australia…
1. My five course dinner I had at Stefano’s in Mildura, VIC. Everything was delicious but one of the courses stood out to me…there was a lamb dish done three ways that was out of this world…I wasn’t a huge eater of lamb before I went to Australia but now it’s one of my favourites! http://www.stefano.com.au
2. Move from Mildura to Melbourne…where I have eaten some of the best food (and definitely the best coffee) of my life…I had this amazing cauliflower dish at a restaurant called Cumulus…it consisted of creamy roasted cauliflowers in some sort of truffle cream. OH MY GOD it was so good!! http://cumulusinc.com.au
3. Still in Melbourne and one of the first restaurants I ate at called Coda. Super cool joint with this amazing mozzarella and pea salad…so delish. One of the best salads I have ever had. http://www.codarestaurant.com.au
4. Back to North America…NYC…ate at Momofuko Ssam Bar and had the most delicious pork buns. I had never had anything like it before and they were amazing. I could have eaten 100 of them. http://momofuku.com/new-york/ssam-bar/
5. Moama, NSW…just around the corner from where I lived for 6 months was a lovely winery where I had my first ever “bubbles and squeak”…it was a pork chop dish with bubbles and squeak and it was amazing. I would have licked my plate if I could have!
6. Chicago, IL….Table 52…Fried Green Tomatoes. All I can say is I was in heaven. HEAVEN!!!!! http://www.tablefifty-two.com
7. Momofuko again…this time dessert…I am not a fan of chocolate per se so when we asked our server what dessert to get and he mentioned this chocolate dish I was very meh about it…I ate my indifference that’s for sure! Best dessert I have ever had. Some chocolate mousse with plum jelly candies or something…it was sweet and sour and amazing.
8. Alcohol counts as food?? It does when it’s made with avocado! La Jolla, CA at an amazing restaurant called Whisknladle I had the best cocktail I have ever had…London’s Burning…gin, avocado juice, lime and jalapeños…sounds disgusting…try it! http://www.whisknladle.com
9. Back to Cumulus in Melbourne…I think this was my favourite stop on my food journey while there…just like lamb, duck was never high on my list of things to order. I now know better…much better! Duck on a bed of whole grain/seed mix…doesn’t sound great but trust me…it was!
10. Last but definitely not least…Mexican…It is my favourite “genre” of food…does food have genres?! I ate at a cool place in Melbourne called Mamasita…delish. We did have tacos and tostaditas but it was definitely not taco bell! http://www.mamasita.com.au
I know Canada has some amazing restaurants as well but I just haven’t had the opportunity (or have been with someone) who loves exploring food as much as I do…sorry it wasn’t a true “these are my favourite foods” list…but it is so much more interesting this way I think…when I eat amazing food I love to share!
What are some of your favourite places to eat? Where have you had the best meal of your life?!!
Hugs and Love!