Howdy Do Blogger Friends
So I had this post earlier and something went a bit weird when I tried to view it on my phone…I updated it back to the draft version or something…I’m actually a bit bothered because I had a pretty good intro to it and everything and for the life of me I can’t find it ANYWHERE….Good job internet….good job.
The gist of the intro was about how strange it is to blog….having your friends and family take a journey into your brain so to speak…and strangers too…but I don’t care as much about what they think…It’s a new thing for me and I am enjoying it but it is strange to think of your life, literally, as an open book. I have never been one to shy away from my history so I figured I would give the blogging world a try.
Still mad that my original post somehow disappeared into the interweb and all its tubes…Anyway…
Here are 25 Things About Me…if you’re interested!
1. I’m older than I look…and act. And that is good. Really. I have never smoked, I have no children and I manage stress pretty well. It seems I have been blessed with good, dare I say excellent, anti aging genes. It’s always a bit of a boost when people are shocked when they learn my true age as they tend to think about ten years younger than what I am. I’ll take it now because I know it will not last!
2. I like to shop. Acknowledgement is the first step to recovery right?
3. I can kill spiders…not furry-size-of-a-mouse-Australian spiders…but spiders and bugs of any normal Canadian size, and I am not at all freaked out by snakes or the dark but put me on a ladder two feet off the ground and I will be shaking for hours afterwards. And don’t even get me started about that stupid “swings” ride at amusement parks…nothing amusing about them…unless you’re watching me scream my head off from below.
4. I’m a HUGE fan of the ellipsis…I am sure I over use it…and misuse it too…but I don’t care…
5. I am a product of a divorced family. It happened when I was an adult which I feel has caused an entire different set of issues.
6. I can’t watch movies about horses or dogs without being a sobbing mess at the end. Marley and Me was torture. And even those damn puppet horses in War Horse…..sob.
7. Even though I don’t really think I am, I am a hopeless romantic. Not like the cheesy romantic kind but more like the cool kind…honestly there probably isn’t much of a difference. I’m still waiting for my “you had me at hello” moment.
8. I am a disgusting wealth of useless knowledge. No one ever wanted to play against me when the Cheers board game came out and no one will play Seinfeld Scene It with me either. It’s a curse….a very fun, only a handful of people get my references curse.
9. I hate being late. It’s not that I never am but it makes me incredibly anxious.
10. I love music and concerts….particularly the ones where I can chill with friends on the grass, have a beer and just enjoy. A lot of my best memories are of concerts with friends.
11. I’m a country girl at heart. Not so much the cowboy boots/hat wearing country but more the living in the country girl. I love the energy of a big city but my soul is much more calm surrounded by nature and the slower pace of small town.
12. I was picked on when I was younger for my weight. Debbie Debbie two by four can’t get through the bathroom door. Can still hear those kids every once in a while.
13. I had the worst teeth ever as a kid. Teeny tiny jaw, loads of crowding. Had to have four teeth pulled to make room for the rest…total teeth pulled to date: 8. Had 8 cavities too when I was a kid.
14. I hate the dentist. See above.
15. I’m claustrophobic.
16. I am 37 years old…I have been in 3 relationships and have had my heart broken 3 times. See #5. I’m seriously considering throwing in the towel and becoming a crazy dog lady.
17. I am adopted.
18. I suffer from depression. Which kind of makes me a walking oxymoron because I’m actually a pretty happy and positive person.
19. I had a mullet when I was 8.
20. I used to kick boys on the playground. I wonder if that had anything to do with #19.
21. I have a kind heart and don’t understand hate. Unless it’s winter…then I totally get hate.
22. I’m incredibly patient.
23. I am a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl although I do love to get dressed up for a special night.
24. I think I’m pretty low maintenance…it may take me a while to get ready (have you seen my hair?) but I’m really laid back and am totally comfy in trackies, ponytails and zero makeup.
25. I am truly blessed with everything around me. I have the best friends and family EVER and they make all of life’s ups and downs much more tolerable.
Thanks for reading about me writing about me…even if it’s not as good as the first one I had up.
Hugs and Love